The jurisprudence on the law of corruption in Singapore has developed significantly in the last decade. What are the practical implications for investigators, prosecutors, defendants and their counsel? Hear from Tan Boon Gin, CEO of SGX Rego and writer of the Law of Corruption (2nd Ed – 2020), Senior Director of the Crime Division at the Attorney-General’s Chambers Alan Loh and Hamidul Haq from Rajah and Tann Singapore LLP as they discuss:
• the celebrated trio of sexual gratification cases involving senior civil servants and academics
• the use of corporate structures to receive financial gratifications
• the interplay between the new Criminal Procedure Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act, especially when it comes to the interviewing of suspects by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau
• the use of middlemen to give bribes
• the expanded powers of seizure for unexplained wealth under the Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Serious Offences Act.
Click here for brochure.
For enquiries, please call +65 6332 4388 or email to [email protected].
Cheque payments, please email to [email protected] with the following details below.
Billing Details (Individual/Company):
CPD Points: 1
Webinar Date: 09 February 2021 (3.30pm - 4.30pm)
Click here for webinar brochure.
Book: The Law on Corruption in Singapore: Cases and Materials (2nd Edition) (click here for more info)
Price (inclusive of GST)
Authors: Mr Tan Boon Gin
Date of Publication: January 2021