This unit covers the knowledge and application skills to define and meet information needs by the Legal practitioner. The concepts and skills equip learners with the skills to conduct online Legal Research securely and efficiently using LawNet as the primary search facility, and other open source repositories of legal information.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the purpose, functions and services offered by LawNet
- Perform Basic Search functions using LawNet Legal Research Module
- Perform Advanced Search functions using LawNet Legal Research Module
- Use the suite of Research Tools available in the LawNet Legal Research Module
The participants for this programme are likely to be:
- Staff who need to perform online Legal research and/or use LawNet.